Shy was at Baguio Village Inn

Shy was at Baguio Village Inn
Warm, Quaint and Homey Room for only P350! :)

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Filled Under: , , , ,

How to get Get a Cheaper Airplane Ticket

Share
Booking discounted airline tickets online.

I've been booking tickets for my family, friends and for myself for years now and I have learned a thing of two on how to get a discount seat.  Now, they let me book for them because I have plenty of time to look over airline websites and check if there are promo seats available.  Aside from that, I have learned a thing or two on how to get a cheaper deal and that's what I'll be sharing with you.

1. Standby for promo seats.  Sales usually land on holidays, such as valentines, independence day, and the such.  I've heard they start opening these sales at midnight.  So better go over the websites before going to sleep.

2.  Book fast.  Seats ran out pretty fast, so you are better ready with your credit card or you better decide when to have the trip and for how many days.

3. Book one way tickets separately.  I just learned about this just this morning.  There are times that 1 way cost more than the other when you pick the round trip option.  So what I do is buy the discounted one first and pray to the heavens that the other ticket going back will go on sale soon.

4. Booking months doesn't necessarily means getting cheaper deals.  Sometimes airlines would drop a better deal few months before your desired travel time.  So it's just a matter of getting lucky and being strategic with things really.

5. Take advantage of miles and discounts.  PAL has miles, Cebu Pac has Get Go.  The more you use the card/code the more you get yourself some miles.  The more travels you can book for a discounted price or for free in the future.

6. Remove unnecessary add ons.  Sometimes people just click submit not knowing that every page that they turn, there's additional add ons that is added by default.  Have the patience to remove those.  I'm talking about Cebu Pac here since I often book there.  Remove extra baggage if you don't plan to hoard stuff, remove seat selection if you don't mind seating anywhere, remove donation or insurance if you don't want to be bother by those.  In the end, you get what you just want to pay which is the ticket itself.

7. Travel in groups.  I know I know.  I may be an advocate of solo travels, but to tell you the truth, I'd rather travel by group than traveling alone.  I have really not found a comfortable ground yet.  Maybe soon, in my trip in Vietnam.  But for now, I'd choose traveling with a companion any day.   If you travel in groups and you go to a travel agent, they could give you a decent discount.

Here are the 5 ways I know that could save you some pesos.  If you know other ways, please do share in the comments section below.

Happy trip everyone! :)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Enlist yourself to get a BUNCH of Travel Printables! :)

* indicates required