Shy was at Baguio Village Inn

Shy was at Baguio Village Inn
Warm, Quaint and Homey Room for only P350! :)

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Filled Under: , , ,

My First Art Exhibit at Matt Mason Gallery, Silang, Cavite Tagaytay

Share
Sister and brother-in-law at the gallery

I think I got lucky on this one.  If this is a result of my new-found law of attraction practice, then I don't know what it is.  Just earlier this year, I've decided to get serious on painting.  And so I started applying for galleries, and lo and behold, it wasn't long that there was an open opportunity waiting for me at Silang, Cavite, Tagaytay.

And so I grabbed the chance by the horns, and found my way in it.  My fondness for painting hasn't really reached to my fondness of eating chocolate.  It's not something that I desire, although I wish to be the case so I would continually practice painting.  I just grab the brush when I feel like practicing.  It's not totally a a freeing in the sense that you still have to make good art.  It takes discipline to make sense of what you just made in a way that it better looks nice.  It is really easy to get lost in the flow and mess up what you have made because you were in the zone.  Some artist would think that as long as it's abstract, you could never go wrong.  Well at some point that's true, but it takes discipline to direct your energy and creativity in a way that's beautiful.  In the end of it all, creating artwork is just trying to explore possibilities, making a mess and trying to fix it so it would all look like a masterpiece.  It's just a bit like life, but on canvas.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Enlist yourself to get a BUNCH of Travel Printables! :)

* indicates required