Shy was at Baguio Village Inn

Shy was at Baguio Village Inn
Warm, Quaint and Homey Room for only P350! :)

Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2015

Filled Under: , , , ,

Cam on to Pinto Art Museum Antipolo

Share
Where have you been all my life?

I've had been to National Museum in Hongkong and I remembered being fascinated and mesmerized by the artifacts--- how they were saved and preserved through time, and how well these were presented to the public.  And as I was going through each paintings, and murals, while in my higher ups of admiration, I felt a sudden jab when I compared what I was seeing to what I had seen in museums back in my country.

"Why can't we have anything like this?"

"Do we even have great artists and if so why aren't they featured as well as artists here are featured?"

It saddened me but I managed to brush these thoughts aside so I can enjoy the moment of seeing art showcased the way it should be.

I thought that the art industry in the Philippines was a hopeless case, but all that changed when I came to Pinto Art Museum.  "Hey let's go to Pinto Art Museum." he said, I thought ok  and when shown a link on Facebook showing off just 2 or 3 pictures of paintings in a Grecian-inspired house, I figured, that doesn't look so bad.  With my memories of local museums I've been to before, I knew it was wise to keep my expectations low.

Good thing my expectations were low and good thing I just saw 2 to 3 pictures because when I got there, the place really blew my mind!


 Since I don't want to spoil the surprise, I consciously decided to post few pictures.

You'll thank me later.  

Don't forget to bring your camera.  There's tons of things to click.  My partner-in-crime and I were like kids in a park because there were just so much of greatness for our eyes to see.










1 comments:

Shy said...

Exactly Kristel! I'm really glad that we have something like these here! I'm sure you feel the same way. Cheers!

Powered by Blogger.

Enlist yourself to get a BUNCH of Travel Printables! :)

* indicates required