Shy was at Baguio Village Inn

Shy was at Baguio Village Inn
Warm, Quaint and Homey Room for only P350! :)

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Filled Under: , , , ,

Fun Things To Do when It's Raining on Your Trip!

Share
Approximately 5 hours before boarding, I figured to make this post.  I'm currently trying to find ways on how to make our family trip still fun despite of the storm.  You see I've booked for our family trip on a day where there would be storm coming.  How would I know, I just didn't get lucky.  Ilocos region is an area where it usually gets hit by the storm, but due to my persistence, I head on with the booking anyway crossing my fingers that it wouldn't hit during those times.  I was wrong, but I still believe that miracles can happen.

Here are the ways I have gathered through my research:

1. Visit malls, temples, museums.  

I'm sure there are a lot of interesting things to see once inside those landmarks.  Learn more about the place's culture and history when in museums.  When you get out of there, I'm sure you'll gain more perspective and appreciation of things. Shop in malls for local items or probably souvenirs for friends and family back at home. Pray in temples.  Learn chants and try to develop your spirituality while there.  Take advantage of every opportunities possible.


2. Eat. Eat. Eat.  

Whilst in a trip, you should forget about your diet.  You don't get to take a trip all the time, so might as well taste as much different flavors as you can.  Each place offers different food, so try to immerse your taste buds on different local flavors and enjoy a fulfilling gastronomic experience.  Try the weird ones or the sought-after ones.  Both brings a different experience. 


3. Take fantastic rain photos.




Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

4. Make a fun video.

Ever since Justin Bieber and co came up with a fun video, this has been already a nice idea for friends on how to put the zing back when everything seems zzz.  Although let's face it.  people have been doing this even before.  Way before their video was released.  But only difference is, it has somehow became a "trend".  So would you "Call me Maybe"?  Why not.  I'm all for fun.  


My brother found it pathetic, but I guess he said that because of my song choice.  Well brother it doesn't have to be that song.   Any song will do.  Any fun song that is! :)

5. Play cards.

I bought Ice Breaker a month ago.  What it is is just a stack of cards with interesting and fun questions in it.  Ask each other these questions and that would spark up a very lively and probably deep conversation.  I also found a deck of poker cards in my brother's drawer.  So I'm throwing both cards in my bag, just in case these would come in handy.

6. Talk with the locals.

Ask them about politics, more local destinations, where to find the best food in town, how to get from this place to another.  There are a list of questions that you could ask them.  Not only will you be able to get more information but you could also get a friend in them.

Alright! I think everything's lined up now.  Just waiting for everything to just flow and let be.

Bon Voyage Everyone!

Till my next post...

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Enlist yourself to get a BUNCH of Travel Printables! :)

* indicates required