Shy was at Baguio Village Inn

Shy was at Baguio Village Inn
Warm, Quaint and Homey Room for only P350! :)

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Filled Under: , ,

Watercolor Painting: So I was Using the Wrong Paper

Share
I feel lazy today.  I knew I needed to write several posts for the trip I had, but couldn't seem to get myself to even start a single sentence, much more finish a post, related to the trip that is.

Anyways, I've been trying out watercolor painting for a week now.  Immediately after deciding to go serious on this, I bought several brushes, a plastic palette, a sketching and a water color pad.  Right at the time when I blot my damped brush on the new water color pad, I knew that the reason why I had great difficulty on the first try was because of the kind of paper I was working on.  Silly me, I used a regular sketching paper for painting. Result? The colors won't spread and blend as much as I wanted to.  With this legit paper, it made things easier.

So I chose a picture in the magazine and sketched it and then painted it.



Hmmm... yeah.  I would want to know how to paint something like the one below.


There's just more texture and drama to it.  I wonder how they do this: selecting which area has shadows and which would be left blank.  In my case, I end up coloring everything.

Oh well, on to the next canvas.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Enlist yourself to get a BUNCH of Travel Printables! :)

* indicates required