Shy was at Baguio Village Inn

Shy was at Baguio Village Inn
Warm, Quaint and Homey Room for only P350! :)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Filled Under: , , , , , ,

Thailand Trip: Eat Project

Share
I've known that Thailand is one of the country which is known for one deadly sin: Gluttony.  Which makes sense that food here should taste awesome and cheap.  Lots of street food with cheap price and good taste.

Our first encounter with authentic Thai food was the moment we got there.  It was evening, raining, and my friend and I were both hungry and really tired.  We just wanted to settle in.  We were both blessed to have Sir Ray with us.


He who picked us up from the airport, treated us fare going to our hostel, made us eat a traditional Thai soup at a stall that was nearby, and who found our hostel for us.   He was our savior.  If it weren't for him, we would've taken some time finding our place, remained hungry and frustrated for longer hours and that would basically be a bitter tune to start off our supposedly fantastic trip.  My friend and I were lucky.  And our lucky streak didn't stop there.  You'll get to see how luck touched us a number of times throughout the trip! :)

Was it me? Or was it me? :p

So here's the soup we ate.


Condiments you'll be expecting in a regular Thai stall: dried shrimp, sugar, vinegar, dried chilli and crushed peanuts.

Imagine the taste.

That's the typical thai food you might crashed on along a busy street in Thailand.

Somehow I found their food short of salt.   I think it's a filipino thing.




Spring roll was good, and the coffee/tea beverages are wonderful too.  The papaya salad needs a bit of getting used to but it's not all that bad.



This dish shown in the pic above was a bit weird for me.  The combination was nice but it didn't get me satisfied.

Besides it was too spicy.  Forgot to tell the lady to go easy on the spice.

This was the only time in our first 3 days stay in Bangkok did we get stuff.  And it wasn't even Thai food.




Below are the dishes we ate at Kanchanaburi.  This was already included in our tour package.



Salad without any dressing.  Just imagine.

And to accomplish one of my dream list.  I bought an assorted array of insects for a whopping price of 200Baht.


I ate 1 squishy big worm and 3 small ones.  Chew a few times, and downing it with a beer.  The rest of the insects?  Needed to go into the trash bin.


We were eating a bunch of interesting food that we had to acquire the taste in order to enjoy.  We ended up getting hungry.  

Woke up a 6am to eat at Mcdo.

:(


For some reason, the moment my younger brother joined us, the food that we had gone eating had gotten better.

For some reason...

So to sum up, Thai food is a bit different from Philippine food, sweeter, healthier and cheaper.  I suppose.

:)


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Enlist yourself to get a BUNCH of Travel Printables! :)

* indicates required